Category Archives: Archive

Kanyaka Homestead

It was a thriving grazing property established in 1852 by Hugh Proby, and ultimately employed 70 families. Proby unfortunately drowned in the same year at only 24, but the property continued under new owners until poor seasons overcame the operation and it was abandoned in 1888. These ruins stand, preserved.

Watercolour and pencil. Image approx. 26cms x 36 cms.
Framed size approx. 45cms x 56cms.